Friday, November 15, 2019

"A Great Leader That's Making A Difference." An Interview with Staci Radican by Jason E. Foss


                             STACI RADICAN

               "Great Leaders don't always follow someone else's path. They make their own. Their desire to grow is not a stage in their life. It's not even a phase they are going through. It's who they are. They are committed to making themselves better. And most importantly, they are committed to their Team. They teach their team that obstacles are not a road block. It's simply a challenge that they will get through together. Staci Radican is one of these great leaders. She let us know what motivates her."

                                            Jason E. Foss


Jason:             “What motivated you to become an Organizational Leader?”


Staci:

                      “My first job as an organizational leader was not a result of intention, but rather a passion to help the customer and a desire to demonstrate my capabilities to Management.  Those traits combined with leaders who fostered a learning environment by honest, open and respectful communication fueled my sales performance. My initiative to learn and the subsequent request of additional responsibilities resulted in a promotion to Assistant Manager within three months of my being hired.”

                         “Ten months later, a move to the  Midwest  brought about my second assistant manager position with a much larger clothing retailer.  At the onset of this job, my thought was that working for a bigger company would offer greater opportunities to achieve success in an industry in which I was becoming fascinated.  However, the actuality was not as I had hoped.”

                           “I felt the leaders in this organization fostered a hostile work environment which led to poor customer service, poor productivity and massive employee turnover. Having the opportunity to observe upper managements’ communication style and what I perceived as lack of clarity and vision led me to second guess my dream of becoming a leader in this industry. It also caused me to find another job. My manager’s terse, negative response to my notice became the turning point to my becoming an intentional organizational leader.”

                            “Although my experience with this company wasn’t what I expected, I learned much about employee and customer relations and the need to build committed teams.

In my following job, I would become a store manager within 2 years and subsequently recruited by a larger chain with higher volume sales.  The opportunity to work with leaders who promoted learning, intensive training, honest, open respectful
communication and  accountability not only fueled my motivation but, shaped my leadership skills and earned me a promotion to the Training Manager for our Region.
Within three years I was again promoted to the position of District Manager
supervising up to 16 stores in multiple cities and states.”

Jason:                       “One of my favorite things about you is your selfless ways.  You help others and don't speak of it.  When I reached out you were volunteering for the Frontline Foundation making Tuna Salad for the Homeless.”


Staci:

                                 “Thank you.....I believe volunteerism is a wonderful way of giving back to the community.”


Jason: “What do you feel is the most important characteristic for a Leader to have?”


Staci:

                                  “I believe integrity and strong moral convictions are the most important characteristics a leader can possess.”


Jason:                     “You are an inspiration to a lot of people.  What advice would you give to someone that is chasing their dreams and trying to be successful?”


Staci:

                                    “My recommendation is to find employment with companies that foster a learning environment while having a solid framework of standards and rules by which to gauge performance.  Additionally, a platform to raise the benchmark with an array of incentives should be offered.”

“It’s also important for an individual to use a style of leadership that helps identify areas of opportunities for personal growth.  Understanding and identifying personality traits and leadership styles teach the necessity of exercising “situational” abilities which leads to competent, confidant, motivated individuals.  These people develop the ability to deliver brand excellence without constant a managerial presence.”

                   “I want to support this by mentioning the countless awards my teams received in retail and education. They achieved awards for top sales performance, best loss prevention, and brand excellence presentation. They were recognized for maintaining budget and cost performance. My teams were often selected to be a part of company change roll-outs and to assist in the development and implementation of new training tools and brand expectation standards.”



Jason:               “What is your favorite thing about being an Organizational Leader?”


Staci:

                     “My favorite part of being an organizational leader was learning that the skills I acquired and now teach are actually life skills which can be implemented in every area of an individual’s life.  My acquired skills led to my gaining the courage to live abroad and thrive in a foreign culture.”

                      “I would later use these same skills to gain employment as the Director/Organizational Leader in the educational system where I had the honor and privilege to positively impact numerous students and their families.”
                                             

                                    CLOSING


                       “Staci Radican was motivated by her passion to help the customer and her desire to demonstrate her capabilities to Management. When she worked in a hostile work environment she moved on. She knows her worth. She knows what she wants. She also inspires us to never settle. I love the way she takes pride in her team's success and she thrives off of making people better. Staci Radican is a great leader that doesn't just see her team as a whole but she finds strength in each Individual and puts them in a position to be successful."

       
                                                         Jason E. Foss
                                                         Life Coach
                                                         Author/Blogger
                                                         954 743 8670
             
                                                                                                                                                                                                         
                   "If this blog motivates you in any way please consider becoming one of my Patrons and write in the community section.   Feel free to call me and let me know how I can support you as well."


                                                               HYPERLINK

https://www.patreon.com/Jasonefoss

No comments:

Post a Comment