Tuesday, October 29, 2019

"Chinglish" by Sue Pickford. An Interview with Sue Pickford by Jason E. Foss.


                                                                                    SUE PICKFORD

                                                 "Great Authors have a way of touching our lives.  Whether it is for entertainment purposes, a break from work, or to feel inspired, they have what it takes to give us what you need.  You want action, a Thriller, horror, drama, or any other kind of genre there are names of Authors that stand out and bring words to Life.  There are also moments when you want to feel connected to someone.  Or inspired.  Just like every other kind of book, a story where an Author shares a bit of themselves to help others takes a special kind of writer.  Sue Pickford is one of these Great Authors.  She let us know what motivates her."

                                                                                                      Jason E. Foss


Jason:                                       "What motivated you to write 'Chinglish'?"


Sue:

                                                   "It was during a visit to my agent in November 2015 when he asked about my childhood. Weird, I thought. Why would he want to know about that? I proceeded to tell him how hard done by I was having been dragged up in a Chinese takeaway in my early teens. ‘I hated it,’ I moaned, ‘they were the worst years of my life.’ And he responded by saying, ‘Then you should write about it!’ I thought it was the worst idea ever. I’d spent the best part of my life hiding my shameful past and now I was being asked to dig it up for all the world to see. But eventually after realizing the book could help others, I agreed."


Jason:                                          "You are very good at what you do and there are a lot of qualities one must have to be successful.  What do you feel is the best characteristic to have in order to be successful?"


Sue:

                                                      "Wow, this is a hard question - I think there's many characteristics but if I had to pick just one then I'd say you'd have to be positively driven."


Jason:                                             "Do you have any other passion or life goals and if so what are they?"


Sue:

                                                        "I love travelling, scuba diving and I also enjoy yoga. But my main goal is to use my skills, experience and knowledge as a writer and artist to enrich and empower the lives of others."


Jason:                                               "For those that are inspired by you and would like to chase their dreams and achieve their Life Goals what advice would you give them that would help them to be successful?"


Sue:

                                                           "Oh my gosh, there's so much we can do for ourselves but I'll give you a list of the things that have helped me the most":


•Meditation - this is the single best tool for creating focus in your life

•Self-development - there's a lot of great authors/speakers out there from the pragmatic (Gary Vaynerchuck) to the spiritual (Wayne Dyer) but they all give great advice

• Exercise and nutrition - a lot of people overlook these but they're so important because when you feel at your best, you function at your best.


Jason:                                                  " You are very motivating.  For your fans and book lovers what is the easiest way to buy 'Chinglish'?"


Sue:

                                                              "Chinglish is easily available online and in most bookshops including independents."

         Link:  https://www.amazon.com/Chinglish-Sue-Cheung/dp/1783448393/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=chinglish+sue+cheung&qid=1572575334&sprefix=chinglidh&sr=8-1


                              CLOSING

                     "Sue Pickford was motivated by her Agent in 2015.  When her Agent told her to write about her childhood it caught her by surprise.  One of my favorite things about Sue is even though she was ashamed of her past and hid it for so long, she wrote about it anyway!  She saw that it would help others and she wrote a book that was bigger than herself.  Her bravery and selflessness is very inspiring.  She teaches us that in life we are all capable of getting out of our comfort zone.  And if we are determined and motivated enough we can accomplish wonders.  Click on the link above and buy "Chinglish"."


                          Jason Foss
                                                                                                                Life Coach
                                                                                                                954 743 8670
                                                                                                               Jason_foss23@yahoo.com


            "If this blog motivates you in any way please consider becoming one of my Patrons and write in the community section.   Feel free to call me and let me know how I can support you as well."




                                                              https://www.patreon.com/Jasonefoss

No comments:

Post a Comment