Monday, January 7, 2019

Jacky Dahlhaus "Living Like A Vampire (Suckers Book 1)". An Interview with Jacky Dahlhaus by Jason E. Foss


                                                                                    JACKY DAHLHAUS

                                    "Great Authors know when it's time for their Journey to begin.  Opportunities may pass but there comes a time when they pick up that pen or type that first sentence.  From that moment on their talent takes over.  Jacky Dahlhaus is one of those great Authors.  Her imagination matches her creative talents and they both work well together to give the Reader a story that keeps them guessing and intrigued throughout her book.  Jacky Dahlhaus let us know what motivated her."

                                                                                                       Jason E. Foss





Jason:                         "What motivated you to write "Suckers: Book 1"?"


Jacky:

                                     "I never had any ambition to write a story, let alone a book!  I had a dream in 2015 about a girl running and bumping into a vampire. They instantly fell in love. I told my kids and they told me to write it down. It turned into my first novel. Although I'm a romantic at heart, I'm not one for soppy love stories. Therefore, I kept my story fast-paced and full of action. I had no idea how to write a book, so the story is completely from the heart. This was a story I would want to read myself. I still don't plan my stories as I like my characters to take over, to surprise me. I think this makes for the best experience for the reader (and myself! 😄)"





Jason:         "Which one of Kate's characteristics can you relate to the most and why?"


Jacky:

                     "Kate is very impatient and doesn't think before she reacts. That is the part of me I put in her. In Kate's mind, she thinks she's doing the right thing, but she doesn't always think of all the options nor of the consequences 😁. What I can relate to the most, however, is probably her yearning for the man she (thinks she) loves. I remember being in love as a teenager, that all-consuming love for someone you hardly know. Fortunately, I grew out of that and am in a more 'normal' relationship with my husband for almost thirty years now 😄."



Jason:       "For your fans and book lovers briefly describe "Living Like A Vampire (Suckers Book 1)"."


Jacky:

                   "'Living Like A Vampire' is first and foremost a love story, but it is not a soppy, love-at-first-sight/falling in love with a billionaire love story (some think it is, but it is not. Honestly!). The story begins when Kate and her friends, Sue and Charlie, both colleagues and high school teachers, need to flee an upcoming wave of suckers, people infected with a virus that turned them into vampire-like humans. They hide at a campground where they think they are safe... They are not."

                     "It is fast-paced,  with a balance of humor and horror to keep things from going too dark. It has multiple characters but all is told from Kate's perspective. It is a story that won't appeal to all (it is not one of those 'bare-torso-cover romances),  but it will elicit emotion out of you, whether you want to or not 😆."


Jason:             "Are you working on another book and if so what can you tell us about it?


Jacky:

                       "Yes, I'm writing a new book! It's the first of another trilogy. This time, the story plays in Alaska. It's about Ashley, an eighteen-year-old girl who, after learning her boyfriend has cheated on her, drowns and is revived. When she comes to, she recognizes everybody except for one handsome, young man in her community. She also finds out that the people in her boring, isolated town are not what she thinks they are. It's another paranormal romance, this time with not only vampires, but also werewolves, witches, sirens, and zombies."


Jason:           "For those that want to read your book what is the easiest way to buy "Living Like A Vampire (Suckers Book 1)"?"


Jacky:

                       "All books in the Suckers trilogy, of which 'Living Like A Vampire' is the first, are available on Amazon, Kobo, and Nook."

                            Link:  https://jackydahlhaus.com

                       "When you sign up for my newsletter on my website (https://t.co/2E49csYht1), you get the prequel for free!"


                                                                             CLOSING

                       "Jacky Dahlhaus was motivated by a dream about a girl running and bumping into a Vampire.  They instantly fell in love.  She told her kids and her kids told her to write it down.  What I like about this great Author is she created a love story but made sure it wasn't typical.  Her story is fast-paced and she uses  both humor and horror maintaining a perfect balance for the Reader.  What impresses me the most is her ability to take a step back and allow her characters to take over.  Someone with that kind of imagination is going to leave you on a Journey where you can't predict the next page.  That is the kind of adventure that will take your mind on a ride from the very first page.  Click on the link above and buy "Living Like A Vampire (Suckers Book 1)"."

     
                                                                                        Jason E. Foss
                                                                                        Empowered-individuals.blogspot.com
                                                                                        954 743 8670
           
                                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment