Saturday, February 2, 2019

Rachel Lightfoot "An Exaltation Of Shadows" An Interview with Rachel Lightfoot by Jason E. Foss


                                                                                 RACHEL LIGHTFOOT

                                         "Great Authors have a way of expressing themselves and connecting to the Reader on all types of levels.  Though they are amazing at writing and telling stories they are not limited to just writing.  They have many talents.  They have many passions.  One thing I've learned is there is always a story behind their story.  And that is what makes them great.  Their human side.  They're so relatable.  They not only share their talent but they like to motivate others to find their passion too.  One of these great Authors is Rachel Lightfoot.  She let us know what motivated her."

                                                                                                              Jason E. Foss


Jason:                             "What motivates you to stay creative and keep achieving your goals?"


Rachel:

                                          "I think a big part of my motivation is that I constantly try to avoid the mundane! I am a person that needs a creative outlet to fuel my spirit and one thing I have learned is that if you feed your spirit with your passions, then opportunities will open up to you. I’d say my biggest drives are a desire to avoid monotony and a need for self-expression…so staying creative isn’t something I struggle with! Haha!"


Jason:                                "You are a model, actress, and a published poet to name a few. If you had to choose one passion out of all of your talents which would you pick?"


Rachel:

                                             "That’s a really good question! You know, I read somewhere that in order to be successful, you should choose one passion and stick to it, and I have to say that I completely disagree. Why restrict yourself with one passion? Or stick to one path? Life is meant to be lived without restrictions and it’s meant to take you on many different journeys."

                                               "I love everything that I do equally, each bring their own kind of fulfilment and each bring their own unique challenges as well. All aspects of my creative outlets have taught me different things and it has, and continues to be, a pleasure to learn even more from/about them."

                                                "Having my poetry published is the latest passion to manifest in my life and so that is where my attention is focused for the moment. It has been such a rewarding feeling to come full circle on something so personal and important to me. I began to write poetry as a kind of therapy for myself last year during some dark times. Now the poems have been brought into the light for others to see and (hopefully) to use as a therapy for themselves…And that is beautiful. I am excited to see where this goes…"


Jason:                                      "If you had to choose one powerful quote that helped you towards your success what would it be?"


Rachel:

                                                  "There are so many powerful quotes out there by very intelligent and enlightened people, but the one that stands out the most for me is:"

                                               "Whether you think you can or you can't, either way, you are right." - Henry Ford.

                                               "We’re all crippled by self-doubt at times and the key to happiness is to try your best to overcome it."


Jason:                                      "Out of all your great accomplishments which one means the most to you?"

     
Rachel:

                                                   "At the age of 22 I built a Burlesque and Cabaret business that ran for eight years and that was definitely my greatest achievement to date! It taught me so much, helped to build my confidence, and I had so many great experiences. I have such good memories of that time in my life and made some long-lasting friendships from the whole experience."

                                                     "I built the business from scratch and watched it grow and expand. I started producing shows in a small pub in Sheffield (UK), and gradually expanded to bigger and bigger venues. As for the performance element, I began performing to small audiences and then went on to perform alongside some of the best in the business at various festivals and events throughout the UK. I then began to teach my craft and it was such a rewarding feeling to pass on what I had learnt to others and to watch them grow and expand their own careers as a result."

                                                       "It was an experience that taught me to believe in myself and was the first time in my life that I saw real, tangible results for my creative efforts."


Jason:                                             "For your fans and those that are working to be successful too, and chasing their dreams what advice would you give them?"


Rachel:

                                                         "Read my poem ‘Too Much Girl’ – cheap plug there hehe!"

                                                        "Continue to do what makes you happy, despite what others might tell you. Don’t allow anyone to take your passions away from you, keep fuelling your fire and the embers will never die out. Remain humble, remain grateful and do not worry about what everyone else is doing. Remember that pain is only as temporary as joy and enjoy the journey rather than worrying about the end result."


Jason:                                             "For your fans and those that would like to support your many talents what is the easiest way for them to buy any of your books?"


Rachel:

                                                          "The book I am published in is called ‘An Exaltation of Shadows’ and has been published by ‘Dark Gatekeeper Gaming’."


"You can purchase a PDF version of the book here"

 https://www.drivethrufiction.com/product/265174/An-Exaltation-of-Shadows


And the print version paperback will be available for purchase in the next two weeks.


                                                                                            CLOSING

                             "Rachel Lighfoot is motivated by avoiding the mundane.  She influences others to tap into their creative spirits and open themselves to many passions.  One of my favorite things about this great Author is that when I asked her to choose one of her many talents she refused!  I found that to be so powerful.  To stand by her belief that we should not limit ourselves to one passion.  Sure if it's the only thing you think about and it's what makes you happy!  That's awesome!  However she inspires us not to close all the doors of opportunities just because you found one passion already.  She wrote poems during some dark times and instead of keeping something so personal to herself she decided to open it up to the world.  Looking at how she overcame it and chose to help others that read her poems to do the same is inspiring in itself.  Click on the link above and buy "An Exaltation Of Shadows".


                                                                                                        Jason E. Foss
                                                                                                        Empowered-individuals.blogspot.com
                                                                                                        954 743 8670


No comments:

Post a Comment